A cancer diagnosis is a pivotal moment in a person’s life. The ability to accept and engage one’s treatment in a powerful way can directly impact the success of the treatment as well as the effectiveness of relationships in their support system. Your Next Adventure’s mission is simple: to empower adults affected by cancer with a renewed sense of hope, optimism, and strength through extreme sports – free of charge. These adventures give adults affected by cancer the opportunity to face a challenge of their choosing and to meet that challenge- giving them the strength, confidence, and inspiration to face challenges that were not of their choosing.
Studies have shown that participating in an extreme sport provide immediate and long-term benefits, including:
- An increase in strength, self esteem, and confidence from tackling new challenges
- A reduction of the stress, anxiety and depression associated with chronic health conditions
- Expanded personal boundaries
- An increased feeling of happiness and well-being associated with physical biochemical changes in the body that occur during the adventures
- An increased sense of excitement and accomplishment through reaching goals and facing fears
Using a network of some of the most respected instructors and guides on the planet, Your Next Adventure provides an opportunity for adult cancer survivors and fighters and their families to participate in extreme sports – free of charge.
Our adventures will inspire hope, empower healing, and renew the strength of those struggling with one of life’s worst challenges. Because we believe that living with cancer should be just that: living.